Public Works


The Public Works Department is responsible for protecting the public welfare through the design, construction, and maintenance of:
  • Streets
  • Drainage system
  • Traffic signals
  • Water distribution and treatment facilities
  • Wastewater collection and treatment facilities
  • City fleet
  • City facilities

Street Light Outage

Street light outages must be reported to Oncor at (888) 313-4747 or complete an ONLINE STREETLIGHT OUTAGE FORM.

Street light outages in the HILCO Electric Cooperative service area must be reported to Public Works at (972) 775-1083.  Please provide the pole number and location.