The City Secretary serves as the liaison between City Administration and elected officials and is considered a director level position.
- Attend all meetings of the City Council
- Prepare City Council agendas and minutes
- Maintain the official records and files of the City
- Process all Requests for Public Information
- Serve as the election official for all City elections
- Keep accurate records of all actions taken by the Council
- Provide general public service information to citizens and visitors
- Countersign and notarize all commissions, licenses, and contracts issued by the City
- Codification of ordinances - view Midlothian's Code of Ordinances at Franklin Legal Publishing. (Ordinances not yet codified are available to view in the Archive Center.)
- Coordinates annual board and commission appointments.
- Issues City Alcohol Permits.
The City Council invites citizens to address the Council on any topic not already scheduled for a Public Hearing. Citizens wishing to speak should complete a Citizen Participation Form and present it to the City Secretary prior to the start of the meeting. Forms are available in the Council Chamber at City Hall or online. Speakers are limited to 3 minutes. In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, the City Council cannot take action on items not listed on the agenda. However, your concerns may be addressed by City Staff, placed on a future agenda, or responded to by some other course.