Let's Connect the Dots
Would you like to learn more and develop a better understanding of the function of city government, the services provided by the city, and how decisions are made about matters that affect the City of Midlothian and its citizens? If so, then join us for Midlothian University (formerly known as Citizens Academy), a seven-week, evening program being offered free of charge to Midlothian residents and business people.
The class is a fun, hands-on, interactive learning experience about city services, programs, and responsibilities. Members will learn about the inner workings of city government, financial stewardship, growth management, maintaining our infrastructure, and adding to quality of life for our citizens. The course will consist of informative presentations and interesting tours. Settings will be casual and comfortable.
The number one goal of Midlothian University is to inform you -- our citizens. Our graduates use the insight they gain into how local government works to share with their neighbors and friends and encourage others to get involved in their government.
- The class is FREE and meals/snacks will be provided; please notify us if you have any dietary restrictions.
- Participants must commit to attend all scheduled sessions, held at various locations throughout the city.
- Classes are limited to 20 participants; residents living within the city limits will be given first priority, then residents living in the extraterritorial jurisdiction will be accepted until the class reaches the maximum number.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applications received after class reaches capacity will be held over for next session.
Quality of Life
- Conference Center
- Community Development
- Public Information and Communications
- Senior Activity Center
Growth & Development
- Planning Department
- Building Inspections
Fire & Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Prevention
- Emergency Medical Services
Parks & Infrastructure
- Road & Utility Maintenance
- Animal Shelter Tour
- Police Department
- Crime Prevention
- Code Enforcement
- Economic Development
- Information Technology
- City Secretary
- Water Treatment Plant Tour
Registration for the class of 2023 is closed..