Bench Dedication Program
Contribute to the beauty and comfort of the parks while honoring a loved one or occasion.
Midlothian’s city parks provide hundreds of acres of green space and recreational facilities for the enjoyment of residents and visitors of all ages.
Benches enhance the comfort of park visitors and add to the park's beauty.
By donating to the Bench Dedication Program, donors create a lasting legacy that will be enjoyed by generations to come, while at the same time publicly pay tribute to a person, event, or organization of the donor’s choice. Park benches are a unique way to honor or remember a loved one, mark an occasion, or recognize an organization.
How to pick a bench location
The Parks & Recreation Department Director will assist donors in narrowing down a location for the bench. Possible locations include:
- Hawkins Spring Park - 1498 FM 1387
- Heritage Park - 234 N. 8th Street
- Jaycee Park - 1711 Meadow Lane
- Kimmel Park - 801 W. Avenue F
- Margie Webb Park - 200 S. 7th Street
- Midlothian Community Park - 3601 S. 14th Street
- Midlothian Dog Park - 1111 Walter Stephenson Road
- Midlothian Sports Complex - 1000 S. 14th Street
- Mockingbird Nature Park - 1361 Onward Road
- Mountain Peak Park - 6411 Hill Drive
- Ridgeview Park - 750 Walter Stephenson Road
Cost to donate a park bench
For a donation of $1,500.00, a high-quality park bench will be purchased, installed, and dedicated in honor of someone or something designated by the donor. A nameplate engraved with the wording of the donor's choice (up to 50 characters, including spaces) will be securely and permanently affixed to the bench.
The donor will receive a thank-you card with a photo and map of the bench's location in recognition of the contribution to this program.
A one-time account set-up is required. Account set-up instructions.
If you need assistance, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (972) 775-7777.